The Department of Hindi, established in 1957, has a glorious academic tradition. This department has succeeded in forming a well disciplined, active and promising generation with the help of eminent and dedicated teachers. The Hindi MA course began in 1967. It became an approved research centre in 1993. BA Hindi Main and MA Hindi Language and literature are offered for study. Department has 9 permanent faculty members and 1 guest lecturer. Research Centre of the Hindi Dept. started functioning from June 1993, with Registration order No. ACA 11/2/633/HIN/99. In the beginning there were five Research guides such as Dr. C. S. Rajan, Dr. Sunnykutty Kurien, Dr. A. J. Abraham, Dr. Mathai Mathew and Dr. Balakrishnan Chettiar with eleven research scholars. By 2010, 10 research scholars were awarded doctorates and at present twenty one research scholars are doing innovative work in the field of Hindi language and literature under 10 guides.