NSSHC Library is a creative partner in teaching, learning, research and extension activities, which contributes to the attainment of institute’s motto “Thamaso ma Jyothirgamaya”. The central library has referencing and lending sections with facilities like Reading rooms, E-Learning room, etc. All Routine Library activities including the OPAC, Circulation and Acquisition have been computerized using an Integrated Library Management Software. We also have extension centers in various Departments and University study centre. The department libraries contain books relating to the particular subjects and are managed by The Heads of Department or concerned faculty members. We also have access to electronic resources like INFLIBNET and DELNET
Photocopy and Printing Facility
Students can avail photocopy and printing facility @ 1 Rs per page.
Opening Hours: 9. 30 am – 4.30 pm on all working days.
Rules and Regulations
- The library will be opened from 9:30 a.m. to 4.30 p.m. on all working days and there shall be a 30 minutes break between 12.30 p.m. to 1 p.m.
- Students should produce the borrower’s card to borrow a book. The card is to be deposited with the library on borrowing a book and will be given back when the book is returned.
- Books borrowed by the borrowers shall not be retained for more than 14 days from date of issue. If the due date falls on a holiday the book must be returned on the next working day. Books borrowed before commencement of vacation must be returned not later than the third working day after the re-opening of the college.
- The transfer or sub-lending of books is strictly prohibited.
- Any book may be recalled at any time even if the period of loan has not expired.
- Failure to return the book on the due date entails a fine of Re.1 per day of delay of each book.
- Failure to pay Library fine due or failure to return books within the due date by a student entails loss of privilege to borrow more books from the library till the overdue books are returned and dues cleared.
- The marking on books with ink or pencil, spoiling or damaging, underlining of passages, writing or remarks etc. on the leaves of books or on illustration, tearing of pages, pictures, removal of accompanying CD etc. are punishable.
- If any book is lost, damaged or mutilated, the borrower would be required to replace the book with fine or pay such compensation as may be fixed by the principal.
- If a book belonging to a set or series is lost/damaged and a new volume is not available, the borrower shall be required to replace the whole set or series.
- Before leaving the counter, borrower shall examine the books taken by them and point out any mutilation or defect in any books, to the concerned staff and these defects etc. have to be noted in the Register provided for the purpose and initialed by him/her. Otherwise the borrower will be held responsible for any damage or mutilation observed.
- It shall be the duty of the librarian and his staff to examine the books returned by the borrowers and take immediate action in all cases of mutilation or damage.
- Strict discipline and silence should have to be maintained by all the users in the Library.